This was a paper-cut kind of week. Nothing went horribly wrong -- in fact, a few things went surprisingly right -- but somehow it still seemed naggingly crummy. I will be attempting to adjust my poor attitude over the weekend, but in the meantime here are some moments and thoughts I feel kind of bad about.
* There are still people working daily on computers who don't know which slash to use when typing a URL. I think that is ridiculous.
* I rolled my eyes behind the back of a fiftysomething woman singing aloud with "The Age of Aquarius" in the Haight-Ashbury Music Center.
* I don't care about your new phone.
* People need to stop having orgasms about Tartine.
* It's a real drag how humorless and needy cats can be.
* I let some edge into my voice with a little girl who called my cell phone twice by mistake.
* I almost turned into the person who writes angry kitchen notes at work after discovering that someone had drunk all my milk but left the carton in the refrigerator with a splash left. Although I composed notes in my head while eating dry shredded wheat, I kept enough of a grip on myself to let it go.
So, next week, yoga class and breathing exercises. Yeah.